Nobody can accuse the San Francisco 49ers of not being an ambitious franchise. They might not have made the playoffs since 2013 but they are leaving no stones unturned in their bid to build a successful team. So much so that they went as far as enquiring whether the New England Patriots would be prepared to trade Tom Brady last year. With 49ers looking for a franchise quarterback, general manager John Lynch contacted the Patriots to find out whether the five-time Super Bowl would be prepared to trade their then back-up quarterback, Jimmy Garoppolo . When the Patriots refused, Lynch significantly raised the stakes and threw Brady’s name in the conversation, asking Patriots coach Bill Belichick if he would consider trading his star man. “We were calling about Jimmy and we did have that conversation and got quickly rebuffed,” Lynch said on the August 27 episode of the Pardon My Take podcast . “I figured, ‘What the heck, you gotta take your shot, right? You can’t score if you don’t shoot.’ I had to summon up the courage and Bill [Belichick] laughed at me and basically hung up on me. But hey, I took my shot.” The Patriots’ stance was… Read full this story
- The joy of six: Tom Brady, 41, gets a kiss from Gisele and celebrates with his children after winning his SIXTH Super Bowl in emotional scenes in Atlanta following the Patriots' 13-3 victory over the LA Rams
- Tom Brady is all smiles as he posts a cheeky video from the Patriots' raucous Super Bowl after-party, celebrating with his teammates and their partners after he won the Vince Lombardi Trophy for a record SIXTH time
- Lamar Jackson Responds to Tom Brady's Race Challenge
- Tom Brady Challenges Lamar Jackson to a Race After Setting Rushing Record
- Hurley’s Picks: Remembering The Last Time Tom Brady Was ‘On To Cincinnati’
- NFL Week 15 scores, highlights, updates, schedule: Tom Brady developing connection with N'Keal Harry
- Tom Brady Jumps Off Cliff With 6-Year-Old Daughter. Social Media Erupts.
- Tom Brady Goes Deep When Asked About Antonio Brown's Release
- 49ers lose in wild finish but end six-year playoff drought
- LA’s Cooks grabs 2nd shot at Super Bowl after Patriots trade
The 49ers Tried to Trade for Tom Brady and Got Laughed off the Phone have 359 words, post on www.newsweek.com at August 28, 2018. This is cached page on CuBird. If you want remove this page, please contact us.