An 18-year-old in Indiana has apparently been charged with attempting to intimidate his school by posting a video of himself shooting people in the hallways. The problem? The people were zombies, and the video apparently was just him enjoying a new augmented reality video game. In the video, Small was evidently shooting the faux zombies, which aren’t intended to be 1-to-1 analogues for real people around the player. He captioned the video, “Finally something better than Pokemon Go.“ Have you visited TNW’s hype-free blockchain and cryptocurrency news site yet? It’s called Hard Fork. TAKE ME THERE The video was created via the AR magic of The Walking Dead: Our World, an adaption of the popular TV show. Small’s opinion notwithstanding, the game plays very similarly to Pokemon Go, with the top-down GPS world map, the ability to target on-screen beasties, and a collection of familiar characters. It was released last July to lukewarm applause. But the school officials, once alerted to the video, didn’t take the idea of a young man fantasizing about shooting inside a school lightly. Small was arrested and charged with intimidation. His family, while understanding the need to keep schools safe, were understandably miffed that such a relatively… Read full this story
- 'I'm a Professional Zombie, I Scare People for a Living'
- Texas School Assignment Lists Kyle Rittenhouse Among 'Modern Heroes'
- South African students protest against school's alleged racist hair policy
- Antifa ‘killer’ Michael Reinoehl accused of shooting dead ‘MAGA martyr’ was ‘gunned down by cops with no warning’
- Police put on an extraordinary display of force as 74 'aggressive and violent' protesters are arrested in Melbourne after hundreds fed up with Dan Andrews' lockdown stormed the city chanting 'freedom'
- How AR filter craze can also be 'dangerous'
- Should police be in schools? How arrests in Philadelphia's school district dropped by 84% in 5 years
- Wealthy students, musicians, art directors, and models arrested for ‘rioting’ in NYC and causing $100k damage
- First-day-of-school shooting victim is music-loving boy scout, 15, who was shot in the jaw on his way to class in Suffolk 'by friend who lay in wait after they fell out'
- DC Police release bodycam footage showing moment cops shoot dead 18-year-old black man after he pulled a gun - sparking protests - as it's revealed the teen was a 'validated gang member'
Student arrested for posting vid of himself shooting AR zombies in school have 381 words, post on thenextweb.com at August 24, 2018. This is cached page on CuBird. If you want remove this page, please contact us.