Tesla’s expansion to China takes place against the background of record $717.5 million losses in the second quarter of this year, which the company reported earlier in the week. © AP Photo / Ringo H.W. ChiuTesla Shares Surge After Elon Musk Apologizes For Company’s Losses”The Lingang District and Tesla Company have agreed on the basis of business negotiations that in the near future the project on the production of electric Tesla cars will be officially located in the Lingang district of Shanghai,” the city’s press service said. Shanghai’s authorities went on to laud the importance of the plant both for economy and sustainable development. “This is the largest production project with foreign investment in the history of Shanghai. It is also the first foreign plant for Tesla, which will play an important role in Shanghai’s production sector as well as in development of cars on new energy sources,” the government underlined. © AFP 2018 / JOSH EDELSONTesla Mulls Building Gigafactory in Europe Amid Int’l Expansion – ReportsThe California-based company previously said that it would take about two years until the new plant in China starts producing cars, and a further two to three years until it would hit its annual capacity of 500,000 vehicles. With 17,000 vehicles sold last year, China is already Tesla’s second-biggest market after the United States.
- Stainless Steel Glut Builds in China as Indonesia Ups Output
- Nigeria: Power Sector Records N187bn Loss in 6 Months
- “Bonehead questions are not cool”: Elon Musk glosses over record Q1 losses
- As China Prepares to Let Foreign Automakers Go It Alone, a Tesla Firm Shows Up in Shanghai
- China OKs 13 new Ivanka Trump trademarks in three months, raising conflict of interest concerns anew
- California flight school pair allegedly abducted student in bid to have him ‘shipped back’ to China
- Home/ MotoringTesla close to Shanghai plant deal
- Tesla losses lower than expected in 2018 Q1, yet at record $745 million
- South Africa: New Belief for Nel As She Looks to Shine in Shanghai
- Shanghai hotel reviews: The Middle House and Amanyangyun redefine luxury
Shanghai Confirms Tesla to Build Plant in China Amid Record Corporate Losses have 332 words, post on sputniknews.com at August 3, 2018. This is cached page on CuBird. If you want remove this page, please contact us.