Plans for a major development in St Pauls which will be home to nearly 350 students have been recommended for approval by council officers. The scheme involves a block of buildings and two car parks which are bounded by Wilder Street, Backfields and Upper York Street – just behind Stokes Croft. The site – which is made up of 7 to 29 Wilder Street, 1 to 3 Backfields and land at the corner of Backfields and Upper York Street – is currently made up of warehouse buildings, a commercial printers and an art and dance studio. Student accommodation provider Watkin Jones want to clear the site of the run-down buildings and the two commuter car parks. It will see 345 student rooms built in their place – as well as space for some employment space on the ground floor. The only building that will be retained is the Grade-II listed building at 25 Wilder Street, which will be refurbished to provide a three-bedroom house. Bristol City Council’s development control committee is due to make a final decision on the scheme on Wednesday (September 5). Plans made up of three blocks The proposals would consist of three development blocks, fronting Wilder… Read full this story
- Alleged St. Paul's School Rape Victim: 'I Tried to Be as Polite as Possible'
- St. Paul Student Said He Had a 'Divine Inspiration,' Did Not Commit Rape
- Jury Finds Owen Labrie Guilty of Misdemeanor Sexual Assault, Felony Child Luring in St. Paul's Rape Case
- St. Paul's School Denies to Alums They're Threatening to Expose a Sexual Assault Victim
- Q&A: Donna Drummond, city planning director, St. Paul
- Lyft launches in Indianapolis, St. Paul, Atlanta
- Raccoon that captivated internet is rescued safely in St. Paul
- Ford Built These Wild Focus ST And Fiesta ST Utes Just For Photographers
- Workday eyes expansion via Workday Planning, Learning, Student
- Best Buy, Sprint offer free wireless plan for students
Plan for 350 student flats in St Pauls just off Stokes Croft have 317 words, post on www.bristolpost.co.uk at August 30, 2018. This is cached page on CuBird. If you want remove this page, please contact us.