At a recent international conference in Delhi on the theme of ‘India-Vietnam: Strengthening Economic Ties’ organised by Nehru Memorial Museum and Library, in association with the Centre for Vietnam Studies and the Embassy of the Socialist Republic of Vietnam, boosting the India-Vietnam economic relationship was discussed threadbare. As ties between the two nations grow – thanks to the current geopolitical environment and rising strategic complementarities – India and Vietnam are looking to take their bilateral relationship to the next level. Pursuant to the establishment of a Comprehensive Strategic Partnership during Prime minister Narendra Modi’s visit to Vietnam in 2016, the two sides have taken several measures to develop stakes in each other’s prosperity and security. It’s in this context that the latest conference exploring economic opportunities between the two countries is instructive. As I have said in my previous articles on India-Vietnam relations, two-way ties need a solid foundation. And predicating the bilateral relationship simply on geopolitical exigencies won’t suffice. This is because international realities are dynamic and subject to change. So if India and Vietnam are serious about establishing long-term ties beyond strategic pre-requisites, then these have to be based on people and businesses. And there’s no denying the… Read full this story
- George H.W. Bush Warned Iraq War Would 'Not Be Another Vietnam': Relive Newsweek's 1990 Cover Story
- State Visit of President Cyril Ramaphosa to India : 25-26 January 2019
- Vietnam, Cambodia enjoy close-knit relationship
- George H.W. Bush, president with deep Maine ties, dies at 94
- FOX NEWS FIRST: Mayhem at the border; Trump looks to boost Hyde-Smith in Senate runoff battle; Cyber Monday tips
- The Morning Download: IBM Earnings Reflect Rising Demand for AI, Cloud
- West Oahu Magazine – 2019
- World still depends on coal, cheap, plentiful — and dirty
- Can China Turn the Middle of Nowhere Into the Center of the World Economy?
- Here’s a roll call of celebrities, politicians and influential people who died in 2018
Mind And Heart: For boost in India-Vietnam economic ties, the two must go beyond strategic imperatives have 313 words, post on blogs.timesofindia.indiatimes.com at August 2, 2018. This is cached page on CuBird. If you want remove this page, please contact us.