Mac Miller is walking through Manhattan when two twenty-something fans stop him on the sidewalk. “Easy Mac with the cheesy raps!” one says to him with a goofy smile, reciting an early catchphrase that the rapper can no longer stand. “I hate that I ever said that,” he says, shaking his head as they walk away. It’s a rare public outing for Miller, 26, who dropped off the grid for a few months earlier this year, tired of being bombarded by paparazzi and seeing his face splashed across the tabloids. He’s been so secluded, he says, that he has almost no idea what’s hot on the charts. “I literally just heard ‘Despacito’ for the first time a few weeks ago,” he admits with a laugh, reclining into a plush sofa in the lobby of New York’s Bowery Hotel. “That’s why the airport fucked me up,” he says of the grating trek he took through LAX to get here. “There were just so many people there. It was a bit uncomfortable.” Miller is a natural-born conversationalist, a people person, so it’s a little jarring to hear him say this. But it’s been anything but a typical year for Miller. This past… Read full this story
- Mac Miller Candidly Discussed His Drug Use and Getting Sober: 'Overdosing Is Just Not Cool'
- Mac Miller Is 'Happy' for Ex Ariana Grande Following Her Engagement: 'It's All Positive Energy'
- Inside Ariana Grande & Mac Miller's 2-Year Relationship: 'We Worked Through Good and Bad Times'
- French Montana Warned Mac Miller About His Drug Use as Rapper Abused Cough Syrup on Camera
- Ariana Grande and Pete Davidson End Engagement: 'It Was Way Too Much Too Soon,' Says Source
Mac Miller Wants You to Know He’s OK have 283 words, post on www.rollingstone.com at August 3, 2018. This is cached page on CuBird. If you want remove this page, please contact us.