Here comes the Russian vehicle to rival Tesla. kalashnikov.media The Russian-made motor is causing quite a stir online… Kalashnikov Concern, a Russian defense manufacturing company, presented an electric concept car CV-1, one of few Russian electric vehicles. Usually, Kalashnikov produces items and vehicle for the military but CV-1 has a wider audience. “Kalashnikov plans to rival the heading electric car producers, including Tesla,” the company representatives claim. CV-1 is equipped with 90-kilowatt-hour battery, its power can reach 500 kilowatts and the range is 350 kilometers. By now, they presented only a concept which looks nothing like Tesla and very familiar to everyone who lives in Russia. The bodywork is based in an old Soviet car IJ- 21252 or which now looks very retro. Praise and jokes Kalashnikov’s unexpected experiment with electric cars created quite a stir on the Internet, mainly because of its unusual looks. Stanislav Tanner wrote on Facebook: “The design is funny, looks like real cyber-punk”. User with a nickname OGS66 commented on the matter: “They are just fooling around and this is nice… seems that there are real jokers working in Kalashnikov Concern.” Perhaps this is true – the company never stated that working models will look… Read full this story
- The best electric cars for 2019
- Model 3 is the first Tesla electric car to win an IIHS safety award
- 2019 Audi E-Tron is the first electric car to earn top IIHS safety rating
- BMW Is Playing It Safe With Electric Cars, and Its Development Chief Makes No Apologies For That
- Lexus plugs in its electric car offensive with an innovative concept
- Kalashnikov takes on Tesla with retro-look electric 'supercar'
- Tesla releases video of fully autonomous Model X electric car
- Racing towards the unknown, but in an electric car
- A closer look at the XC40 Recharge, Volvo’s first electric car
- Demand for Electric Cars May Spark New Chinese Investment in India
Kalashnikov Concern rivals Tesla with its own retro electric car have 304 words, post on www.rbth.com at August 24, 2018. This is cached page on CuBird. If you want remove this page, please contact us.