Hanoi (VNS/VNA) – The Vietnam national women’s football team will play two friendly matches against Taiwan (China) on July 21-22 in order to prepare for the Asian Games (Asiad) 2018, said head coach Mai Duc Chung.
After winning bronze at AFF Women’s Championship, the team are training for the Games, which will be held in Indonesia on August.
Discussing the last tournament, Chung said the team hasn’t performed well enough this year.
“There is a switch in five positions, from goalkeeper, defender to forward in the formation of the national team. Most players lacked confidence so we missed many chances in the match with U20 Australia,” he said.
“However, our strong point is solidarity. It was lucky for us that no one got injured in this match, but it was a shame we could not meet Thailand in the final.”
The coach added goalkeeper Tran Thi Hai Yen from Ha Nam, forward Nguyen Thi Tuyet Ngan from HCM City and defender Nguyen Thi Xuyen to the team.
The training of the national team includes domestic practising and training in Japan. The team will have two more matches while they are based in Hanoi.
From August 1, the team will move to Japan to train for two weeks and play exhibitions with Japanese football teams, before heading to Indonesia.-VNS/VNA
- Indian women's team stars laud 'Padma Shri' Bembem Devi
- Women footballers ready to depart for Tokyo 2020 Olympic qualifiers in RoK
- 2018 MaxPreps Small Schools All-American Football Team
- BCCI seeks performance analyst for Indian women's team
- Women footballers to land in Jeju for Olympic qualifier
- Chinese women’s football team in quarantine in Queensland amid coronavirus fears
- China's national women's soccer team quarantined in Brisbane hotel amid coronavirus fears
- MaxPreps 2013 All-American Football Teams
- Football team from virus-hit Wuhan land in Spain
- The Undefeated: Every unbeaten high school football team in the country