[This story contains spoilers for Justice League Dark No. 1] Magic is taking a turn towards horror, and even DC’s greatest heroes are out of their depth. This is one of the central conceits of writer James Tynion IV and artist Alvaro Martinez Bueno’s Justice League Dark, the first issue of which hits comic shops and digital platforms Wednesday. Justice League Dark, created by Peter Milligan and born out of DC’s New 52 initiative in 2011, is a relatively new concept in the DC Universe. Comprised of a number of DC’s magic-based and horror characters, Justice League Dark tackles issues of the DC Universe outside of the purview of the traditional Justice League. The original series ended in 2015, but Tynion IV, who previously tackled the Bat-Family in Detective Comics, relaunches the series in the midst of a reinvention of Justice League’s publication line. The previously discussed Justice League from Scott Snyder, which sees Martian Manhunter lead the team against the Legion of Doom, is the central book in DC’s Justice League line. But that series’ newly minted Hall of Justice acts as the headquarters for several other teams including Justice League Dark, and the members of the upcoming Justice… Read full this story
- Super’s Justice League Gets a Fail for Pinning It on AMP: Gadfly
- Superhero Showdown: Where Does The “Marvel Versus DC” Debate Stand Right Now?
- The DC movie franchise made a comeback with 'Aquaman,' and its new strategy will distinguish it from the Marvel Cinematic Universe
- 10 of the most iconic villains in the DC universe
- 20 of the most iconic heroes in the DC universe
- Ben Affleck is finished playing Batman, and new details have emerged about the DC character's movie future
- Henry Cavill's Superman wasn't beyond saving, and DC could have learned lessons from the Marvel Cinematic Universe
- Jason Momoa is a great superhero in a visually dazzling 'Aquaman,' but it still has some flaws of the DC films before it
- Final ‘Deadpool 2’ Trailer Serves The DC Universe A Sick Burn
- Meet The League Of Extraordinary Women: 60 Influencers Who Are Changing The World
'Justice League Dark' Signals a Bright Future for DC have 345 words, post on www.hollywoodreporter.com at July 25, 2018. This is cached page on CuBird. If you want remove this page, please contact us.