Sweden is among the top countries in the world in areas such as new businesses, innovation and technology, economy, healthcare, education, transparency, gender equality, and many more. Sweden has a lot to be proud of. But we cannot ignore the contribution made by the foreign workforce in this country. Going back all the way to the 1500s, when the Walloons came here to work in mining and other industries, migrant labour in Sweden has been a win-win situation for centuries. Sweden provided security and stability, and immigrant workers have brought their skills, experiences and labour. Sweden’s success and growth thanks to diversity is undeniable. MEMBERS Q&A: Why is Sweden deporting skilled foreign workers?Ali Omumi with his wife and daughter. Photo: Ali Omumi Since I first posted on Facebook about my own case [Omumi was ordered to leave Sweden due to administrative errors made by a former employer], I have received literally thousands of heartwarming messages of support from Swedes. So many told me that they were “ashamed to be Swedish” because of what has happened to me and my family. They wanted us to “kämpa” (fight) and repeatedly wrote “ni måste stanna i Sverige” (You have to stay in Sweden). On… Read full this story
- British residents in Spain 'confused and alarmed' about post-Brexit future
- Wuhan-based foreign pilots keep spirits high
- Developing an open mindset toward foreigners
- Don’t pretend car plant closures have nothing to do with Brexit
- Donald Trump Is Cutting Legal Immigration, Says Pro-Migration Group
- Exclusive: Millions of masks stockpiled in Canada's Ontario expired before coronavirus hit
- Shuttered Europe Cracks Under the Coronavirus Strain
- 'When we were sad we listened to the Smiths' – European critics on UK culture
- Brits with mild symptoms of coronavirus should NOT call NHS 111 – and don’t need to be tested
- What would Brexit mean for the NHS, social care and disabled people?
'Don't be afraid of foreign workers. We are a key part of Sweden's future' have 307 words, post on www.thelocal.se at July 16, 2018. This is cached page on CuBird. If you want remove this page, please contact us.