Soccer superstar Cristiano Ronaldo is in talks with Facebook about starring in a docuseries for the social network’s one-year-old Watch video platform, sources have confirmed to The Hollywood Reporter. The conversations are still early and a deal is not in place for a show, these sources say. Matador Content and Religion of Sports, the company behind Facebook series Tom vs. Time, would produce the project alongside Dirty Robber. If a deal comes together, it would expand on an existing relationship that Ronaldo has with Facebook, where he is currently producing a soccer drama. The Portuguese soccer player is a worldwide star and his 120 million Facebook followers make him the most-followed person on the social network. He currently plays for Real Madrid and led Portugal during its World Cup showing in Russia before the team was eliminated during Round of 16 competition. Facebook announced in May that it had given a straight-to-series order to a Ronaldo-produced scripted drama about a high school girls soccer team in upstate New York. Memphis Beat creators Liz Garcia and Josh Harto are writing and executive producing the series, which hails from Paul Lee’s wiip studio. Soccer is an especially popular topic on Facebook, which… Read full this story
- Cristiano Ronaldo to Produce Soccer Drama for Facebook
- Jennifer Westfeldt, Victoria Justice Join Facebook's 'Queen America'
- ‘I know, right?’ 40 comedies from the past 40 years that changed the way we talk
- Bradley Cooper and Irina Shayk look glum on drive after his ex-wife took a jab at his much talked-about Oscars chemistry with Lady Gaga
- Lionel Messi nets hat trick in win over Deportivo as Barcelona clinches 3rd La Liga title in 4 years
- David Villa reaches 400 career goals for club and country in NYCFC's win over FC Dallas
- Hailee Steinfeld to Star in Emily Dickinson Comedy Series for Apple
- Liverpool flashes young talent in 4-1 win over Manchester United
- Priya Prakash Varrier: Interesting pictures of the actress
Cristiano Ronaldo in Talks for Facebook Docuseries have 313 words, post on www.hollywoodreporter.com at July 5, 2018. This is cached page on CuBird. If you want remove this page, please contact us.