A WOMAN was today arrested over the murder of eight babies while working at the neonatal unit at the Countess of Chester Hospital. She is being held by cops investigating the deaths of 17 babies at the hospital between March 2015 and July 2016. The healthcare professional was arrested this morning on suspicion of murdering eight babies at the hospital and attempted murder in relation to six babies. She is currently being quizzed by detectives in custody. Do you know the worker or are you one of the families affected? Call Sun Online on 0207 782 4383 or email [email protected] Cheshire Police launched an investigation in May last year following a high number of baby deaths at the hospital. They said the probe has since widened and they are now looking into the 17 deaths and six “non-fatal collapses”. Detective Inspector Paul Hughes, who is in charge of the investigation, said: “As a result of our ongoing enquiries we have today (Tuesday 3 July) arrested a healthcare professional in connection with the investigation. “We recognise that this investigation has a huge impact on all of the families, staff, and patients at the hospital as well as members of the public. “Parents of all the… Read full this story
- Hospital worker arrested for "attempted murder" of patient, 79, with plastic bag
- Boss of hospital being investigated over the deaths of 17 babies resigns
- Come to the ball! Thank you event for hospital that cared for baby Zara
- Families invited to join Super Hero Walk for premature babies
- Council block new neonatal unit plans
- Baby deaths inquiry hospital boss resigns
- Ex-fiance’s heartbreaking tribute to ‘murdered’ midwife Samantha Eastwood as friends and family hold candlelit vigil
- Man accused of raping two-week-old baby is on 24hr jail guard to stop other prisoners attacking him
- Police find a body in search for missing midwife as three men arrested
- SECOND hospital worker 'kicked' same patient, 79, colleague 'tried to murder'
Countess of Chester Hospital healthcare worker arrested on suspicion of murdering eight babies at neo-natal unit have 309 words, post on www.thesun.co.uk at July 3, 2018. This is cached page on CuBird. If you want remove this page, please contact us.