Elon Musk takes the stage at Tesla Inc.’s annual shareholder meeting Tuesday with the gap between the fervor of its fans and the doubts of its skeptics as wide as it’s ever been. The annual meeting usually functions as a chance for some of Musk’s most adoring devotees to bounce ideas off the chief executive officer and pick his brain. But before a Q&A, the electric-car maker will have to deal with orders of business relating to corporate governance. An activist group has mounted a campaign against several members of the board, while an individual retail investor is pushing for someone other than Musk to be chairman. Here are five key things to listen for when the meeting—streamed live here—gets underway at 2:30 p.m. California time: Hot Seats CtW Investment Group, which works with union pension funds, has urged shareholders to vote against all three. The group has cited a host of issues—from failure to reach production milestones to Musk’s recent combative earnings call—as examples of how the board is insufficiently governing Elon Musk and his company. Proxy adviser Glass Lewis & Co. sided with CtW and opposed all three directors, and larger adviser Institutional Shareholder Services Inc. came out… Read full this story
- Elon Musk says Tesla owners may soon be able to choose fart and goat sounds as customized horns on the cars
- Elon Musk and Tesla are impossible to root for, but we’re doing it anyway
- Elon Musk: Why Tesla CEO admitted 'pretty big AI mistake caused tragedy of errors'
- Elon Musk says Tesla ‘cybertruck’ to be unlike any other vehicle on the road
- Elon Musk vows to install 'Powerpack' batteries at some electric car charging points in California that have been cut off due to wildfires - but drivers will still have to pay
- Elon Musk trolls 'virgin' Fortnite players, game fights back
- Elon Musk's Falcon Heavy flies again: Incredible moment SpaceX lands THREE boosters back on Earth after successfully completing the second-ever flight and first commercial mission of its megarocket
- 'Croatian Elon Musk' unveils 256mph ELECTRIC car with 2,000 horsepower and 340-mile range on a single charge
- Elon Musk's Mars rocket takes shape: New photos reveal the clearest look yet at progress on the Starship prototype
- Is Fortnite down? Is it just hype? And is it all Elon Musk's fault?
Will Elon Musk be sacked as Tesla chairman? Here’s what to watch as investors decide board’s future have 403 words, post on www.financialexpress.com at June 4, 2018. This is cached page on CuBird. If you want remove this page, please contact us.