source: file photo Defending champions Golden State Warriors took a 1-0 lead in the NBA Finals with a controversial 124-114 overtime win against Cleveland Cavaliers, despite a 51-point haul from LeBron James. Late in the fourth quarter, Cavaliers’ JR Smith ran down the clock instead of attempting a game-winning shot. The Warriors dominated overtime at the Oracle Arena in Oakland. Game two in the best-of-seven series takes place in Oakland on Sunday night. Stephen Curry scored 29 points for Golden State, who beat the Cavaliers in the first game of the finals for the fourth year in a row. James, playing in his eighth successive finals, claimed his best play-off points haul – the highest since Michael Jordan scored 55 in 1993. “It was epic, and he did enough to carry this team to a victory,” said Cavaliers coach Tyronn Lue. “To do what he did tonight and come out robbed, it’s just not right.” With 36.4 seconds remaining in the fourth quarter, Kevin Durant was called for an offensive foul on James, but the decision was reversed on review. Durant leveled the game from the free-throw line, before James put the Cavaliers back in front. Curry scored a three-pointer… Read full this story
- Cavaliers officially sign Andrew Wiggins, putting 30-day hold on him being traded
- Warrior Stephen Curry’s biggest assists have been to terminally ill children
- Report: Cavaliers last team standing in Kevin Love trade talks
- Golden State Warrior Steph Curry Named NBA MVP for Second Time
- Report: Cavaliers willing to trade Andrew Wiggins for Kevin Love
- Cleveland’s Kevin Porter Jr. arrested on weapons charges
- Green Bay Packers 31-34 Indianapolis Colts: Rodrigo Blankenship kicks game-winning field goal in overtime
- Klay Thompson’s recovery: Odds of returning to Warriors an All-Star, or at all
- Draymond Green: Cavaliers fans should worry about LeBron James’ workload, not slow start
- Are Toronto Raptors the Warriors’ biggest championship threat?
Warriors beat Cleveland Cavaliers in overtime have 304 words, post on antiguaobserver.com at June 2, 2018. This is cached page on CuBird. If you want remove this page, please contact us.