Jakarta. Indonesian film director Rizal Mantovani is releasing two horror movies,”Kuntilanak” and “Jailangkung 2″ during the Idul Fitri holiday on Saturday (15/06). Although the release date is accidental, it may increase viewership, as during the holiday many people seek entertainment. Whether it is okay to screen horrors during the holiday, Rizal said it is not the first time that such films premiere on Idul Fitri. It is only entertainment based on fantasy. “I don’t treat them as scary movies, but films about monsters than you can have fun watching. We don’t have aliens or superheroes here. We have these ghosts as our monsters,” Rizal said. Amrit Punjabi of MVP Pictures, which produced Kuntilanak, and Jessika Pingkananda of Screenplay Productions, which produced Jailangkung 2, echoed Rizal’s optimism with regard to viewership. Both see Idul Fitri as a moment when people are eager to go to the movies. Amrit assured that competing with other local movies and summer Hollywood blockbusters will not be a problem, because the kuntilanak is sufficiently popular in urban legends. The kuntilanak is a female vampiric ghost. “With the name ‘Kuntilanak,’ with the ‘brand’ of kuntilanak … I’m sure people will want to watch the film,” he said. Jessika told the Jakarta Globe that the first Jailangkung, released last year, was very… Read full this story
- Vietnamese horror movie joins U.S. film festivals
- Nine action, horror movies for April
- 17 movies to be released in Vietnam in Sept.
- 11 movies slated for theaters in July
- 15 movies to be released in Vietnam in November
- Vietnam movie fans set for bonanza
- 15 movies to be released in Vietnam in December
- Over 20 movies to be released in Vietnam this May
- 14 movies at Vietnamese cinemas in March
- 15 movies to be released in Vietnam this March
Rizal Mantovani Releases Two Horror Movies on Idul Fitri have 289 words, post on jakartaglobe.id at June 15, 2018. This is cached page on CuBird. If you want remove this page, please contact us.