Rating: Cast: Radhika Apte, Akash Thosar, Ridhi Khakhar, Randeep Jha, Bhumi Pednekar, Neil Bhoopalam, Manisha Koirala, Jaideep Ahlawat, Sanjay Kapoor, Kiara Advani, Vicky Kaushal, Neha Dhupia Directors: Anurag Kashyap, Zoya Akhtar, Dibakar Banerjee, Karan Johar Kalindi (Radhika Apte) is hanging out of the window of a moving taxi and feeling the breeze fondle her as Lata and Mukesh’s Dum bhar jo udhar munh phere plays inside where Tejas (Akash Thosar) sits both excited and amused. In his room, a little later, she mocks his reading habits and then says, “Pehle kiya hai na tumne? Nahin kiya? Main sikhati hoon.” Lust Stories, on Netflix, which brings together once again the four directors who created the 2013 Bollywood anthology, Bombay Talkies, opens with Anurag Kashyap’s film about a college professor who is seemingly liberated — sexually and emotionally — and is having an affair with a student who is clearly smitten. The narrative is split between Kalindi talking loftily about love, sex, relationships, self-expression, and exploring what her husband Mihir, older and living away from her, expects of her and their relationship. She’s trying to be what Mihir has told her is the cool way to be, but is she who she is… Read full this story
- Bhoomi Movie Review: Jayam Ravi Is The Only Saving Grace Of This Preachy, Tiresome Film
- Movie Review: Comedy and Naturalism Clash in
- ‘Master’ movie review: An in-form Vijay takes a backseat to have fun. But is that enough?
- Tribhanga Movie Review: Renuka Shahane Deserves Three Cheers For Daring To Play Bold With This Kajol Starrer
- The Power Movie Review: Vidyut Jammwal-Shruti Haasan's Film Is A Feeble Ode To The Godfather
- ‘Eeswaran’ movie review: A predictable rural subject that goes nowhere
- ‘The White Tiger’ movie review: A darkly satirical, thrilling ride
- ‘Mail’ movie review: A bittersweet tech story
- ‘The Great Indian Kitchen’ movie review: Makes practitioners of patriarchy squirm in their seats
- Telugu film gets glowing reviews in US
Lust Stories movie review: Of love, desire and liberation have 320 words, post on www.deccanchronicle.com at June 29, 2018. This is cached page on CuBird. If you want remove this page, please contact us.