Justin Sayers Louisville Courier Journal Published 9:07 p.m. UTC Jun 4, 2018 Are you ready to potentially watch history? Justify will look to become just the 13th horse to win horse racing’s Triple Crown when he runs in the 150th Belmont Stakes on Saturday. He’s already earned victories in both the Kentucky Derby and the Preakness Stakes under the direction of trainer Bob Baffert, who led American Pharaoh to the last Triple Crown in 2015. The Belmont course is the longest of the three American Classics races, and marks the third race run by Justify in six weeks. But he’s shown he’s up to all sorts of challenges, winning in the mud in Louisville and the fog in Baltimore. Getting ready: Justify runs last breeze before Belmont. Status: He’s looking ‘smooth’ Saturday’s race will take place at Belmont Park in Elmont, New York. Here’s how to watch and stream the 150th running of the Belmont Stakes in 2018. What day is the Belmont Stakes? The Belmont Stakes is typically held five weeks after the Kentucky Derby and three weeks after the Preakness Stakes. That day falls on Saturday, June 9 this year. The contenders: Who can beat Justify? These 5 horses have… Read full this story
- Apple Watch unveiled alongside new larger iPhones
- Suspense to the end, Obama, Romney yield to voters
- BUSINESS IN BRIEF 10/7
- BUSINESS IN BRIEF 26/5
- Argentina seizes gas firm owned by Repsol
- An identity thief explains the art of emptying your bank account
- Stock Market Rises Again on Thin Trade
- Benitez battling jet-lag at a Club World Cup that is still trying to wake up...
- Taming Thailand’s wild frontier
- Special report: Ivanka Trump and the fugitive from Panama
How to watch the Belmont Stakes and Justify's run for the Triple Crown have 278 words, post on eu.courier-journal.com at June 4, 2018. This is cached page on CuBird. If you want remove this page, please contact us.