PC gaming’s latest moment is its biggest yet. Today new gaming experiences charge across the internet, and hundreds of millions of GeForce PCs, seemingly at the speed of light. Witness the ‘battle royale’ craze. Each week tens of millions of PC gamers parachute in to games like Fortnite and PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds. Even more tune in to watch. And this worldwide cultural phenomenon is creating new (and re-engaging former) PC gamers at a rate never before seen. In fact, just for GeForce, the number of active weekly gamers has grown by 10 million in the last 8 months, a massive increase. Prefered Platform of Game Developers Everywhere As new games spread faster, PC gamers enjoy more experiences than ever before. This is no walled garden: over 7,000 new PC games were introduced in 2017, by far the most of any gaming platform. Sixty percent of the game developers surveyed for the latest Game Developers Conference targeted the PC for their games. That’s double the number developing for any console. Today, PC games are a $33 billion industry. Two-thirds of all Americans are now gamers, the highest percentage ever published by Nielsen. But this is a phenomenon that, like the games themselves,… Read full this story
- Why bewildering Anthem release date schedule risks undermining the game
- Fallout 76 DOWN Today: Server Status latest for PS4, Xbox, PC maintenance for February 19
- Fornite grooming probe as perv contacts ‘many’ children over online game and tries to blackmail them into ‘inappropriate acts’
- Metro Exodus preview: "It's nice to be liked by everybody, but we want to be rockstars"
- Events review of the year
- Pikuniku is a charming adventure that offers some surreal fun
- 8-year-olds in daily online chat with strangers
- PS5 Release Date, Price latest: Good News and bad for PlayStation fans
- Pride in Peterborough Awards: Incredible bravery and years of dedication celebrated
- 8 best laptops for kids
How the PC Is Raising the Game for Everyone, Everywhere have 322 words, post on blogs.nvidia.com at June 10, 2018. This is cached page on CuBird. If you want remove this page, please contact us.