CLEVELAND, Ohio – If you’re an infrequent voter, you could be in danger of being targeted for removal from the voting list and forced to re-register before voting in future elections. Check this database to find if your status is in jeopardy. Click here to load this Caspio Cloud Database Some mobile users may need to use this link instead. The U.S. Supreme Court has given the OK for Ohio to resume purging of voter registration lists.Kathyrn Kroll, The Plain Dealer The U.S. Supreme Court on June 11 ruled Ohio’s method of purging voters is legal. What this means is that people who go six years without voting could be removed and prevented from voting. Even a provisional ballot would not be counted, as they would end up being invalid. Six years might sound like a long time between voting. But a lot of people, for whatever reason, vote only in presidential election years. For those voters, missing just one presidential election could be enough to lose status as a registered voter, depending on the timing of a purging cycle. For reference, 5.6 million Ohioans cast votes in each of the last two presidential elections. But in last November’s off-year election, only 2.4 million… Read full this story
- Ohio's voter purges are wrong and discriminatory. Flawed Supreme Court ruling requires Congress to clarify the law: editorial
- U.S. Supreme Court upholds Ohio's process for updating voter registration rolls: Read the decision here
- Supreme Court signs off on a voter purge
- Advocates fear court decision on Ohio could pave the way for more voter purges
- Conservative-led Supreme Court OKs Ohio, other state voter purges in move seen hurting minorities, poor
- Supreme Court upholds Ohio's controversial voter-purge practiceYou may also be interested in...
- Kathleen Clyde would end voter purge process if elected Ohio secretary of state; Frank LaRose would not
- Supreme Court decides case on purging voter registration rolls
- Supreme Court allows purge of Ohio voter rolls
Find out if you are in danger of being purged from Ohio's registered voter list (database) have 320 words, post on www.cleveland.com at June 27, 2018. This is cached page on CuBird. If you want remove this page, please contact us.