World After Donald Trump’s summit with North Korean leader Kim Jong Un in Singapore, two Norwegian lawmakers have nominated him for the Nobel Peace Prize. The lawmakers, Christian Tybring-Gjedde and Per-Willy Amundsen, are from the country’s Progress Party, a right-leaning libertarian party. The Nobel Peace Prize is one of five awards created by Swedish inventor Alfred Nobel. The prizes are administered by the Norwegian Nobel Committee, appointed by Norway’s parliament. The prize would be next year’s because the deadline for this year has already passed. The lawmakers told Norwegian wire service Norwegian News Agency that Trump “had taken a huge and important step” toward peace with North Korea and disarmament. North Korean leader Kim Jong Un shakes hands with U.S. President Donald Trump during their historic summit in Singapore, on June 12. Two Norwegian lawmakers have nominated Trump for the Nobel Peace Prize for his “huge and important step” toward peace with North Korea and disarmament. Kevin Lim/THE STRAIT TIMES/GETTY Recommended Slideshows 51 In Pictures: The 50 Most Powerful Military Forces in the World 61 Every World Press Photo Winner Ever: 60 Images That Define Our World 51 The World’s Most Expensive Cities for a Cup of Coffee A group… Read full this story
- Donald Trump’s entry into African diplomacy stumbles over Nile dispute
- U.S. sees importance of North Korea talks despite tension, South says
- U.S. sees importance of North Korea talks despite tension, officials say
- Donald Trump fails to 'fully appreciate' the office of US president
- John Bolton: Donald Trump fails to 'fully appreciate' the office of US president
- How incompetent is US President Donald Trump?
- Coronavirus latest: Donald Trump rebukes attack on Anthony Fauci
- Wars without end: why is there no peaceful solution to so much global conflict?
- Bolton says Boris Johnson is 'playing Trump like a fiddle'
- John Bolton book: Trump sought reelection help from China
Donald Trump’s Nobel Peace Prize Candidacy Endorsed by Norwegian Lawmakers Citing ‘Huge and Important’ North Korea Meeting have 307 words, post on www.newsweek.com at June 12, 2018. This is cached page on CuBird. If you want remove this page, please contact us.