Three men were arrested on suspicion of murder, conspiracy and kidnapping for their involvement in two Yolo County missing persons cases from 2016, authorities said Monday.
Chandale Shannon, 21, of Winters, and Jesus Campos, 18, of Woodland, were booked into jail Friday, according to the Yolo County Sheriff’s Office. Campos will also face charges for kidnapping, authorities said.
Jonathan Froste, 21, of Knights Landing, was booked Saturday for murder and kidnapping, police said.
The arrests is the first step of a “very active investigation” in the 2016 disappearance of Enrique Rios, 16, of Esparto, and Elijah Moore, 17, of Woodland, said Police Chief Luis Soler.
“Just because we made some arrests doesn’t mean this case is closed,” Soler said. “We are actively pursuing leads as we speak. There could potentially be other arrests.”
The bodies of Rios and Moore have not yet been found, he added.
“We are not ready to say if there’s a body or not,” Soler said. “We are still treating this as a missing persons case.”
Authorities did not elaborate on the murder charges that the three suspects are facing.
Rios was last seen Oct. 16, 2016 at his home in Esparto, according to the missing persons report.
Moore was last seen Nov. 4, 2016 wearing a black sweatshirt, yellow shirt, khaki pants, tan work boots and a green backpack.
He was previously linked to the three suspects in a drug robbery, according to a 2017 affidavit, said Lt. Aaron Delao of the Woodland Police Department.
The three suspects had been persons of interest in the case since Rios and Moore first went missing, he added.
“We’ve conducted a number of interviews with them during the last 19 months,” Delao said. He declined to comment on what evidence was found that determined the arrests of Shannon, Campos and Froste.
The three men are being held without bail at the Yolo County Detention Facility and will be arraigned Monday.
Campos will be arraigned in juvenile court since he was underage at the time of the crime, Soler said.
“It’s far from over,” Soler said. “I caution the public to not think it’s over and done. If anything this is the first step.”
- Matrix-level action and MCU charisma: Why Upgrade is the best sci-fi action movie of the year (that you’ve probably missed)
- Donut County, Gorogoa Earn Top Honors In Apple’s Game of The Year Awards
- Nicolas Cage Finally Given the Chance to Play Superman, but in Teen Titans Go!
- League of Legends is getting a graphic novel next year published by Marvel
- Destiny 2 Year 2 livestream – watch it here
- Missing Wisconsin teen Jayme Closs found alive, suspect in custody
- Bodies of missing Colorado girls allegedly killed by dad found in oil and gas tanks: report
- Unhinged white woman assaults black teen at South Carolina pool before biting cop
- Anarchy at 'Go Topless' beach party in Texas: Calls to ban the event after more than a hundred people are arrested, mass brawls break out and one Jeep catches on fire in drunken havoc
- Haines City man arrested after shooting leaves two women and 6-year-old dead