Moms are the true jacks of all trade. On top of the many roles they fulfill, they also need to be the go-to first-aider of the family. This job includes knowing the truths from the myths about common illnesses that are often taken for granted. Now that it is once again high time for flu, Expo Mom 2018 held in Glorietta, Makati invited moms from all over Metro Manila to be further empowered with crucial information about keeping their families safe and healthy. The flu virus can easily spread through contact Rainy season is flu season Dr. May Montellano, Professor in Pediatrics – FEU-NRMF, Vice President of International Society for Tropical Pediatrics and a mom herself, provided an expert’s point of view on why moms should pay close attention to what everyone dismisses as the common cold.As the first-aiders in their homes, moms are the key to keeping the family safe from influenza. The first step is learning about the disease and the different ways it can be prevented: 1. Flu is not the same as a common cold.Flu and common cold most of the time are considered synonymous due to similar symptoms of the two diseases. However, moms should… Read full this story
- Don't skip vaccinations: 8 things pediatricians want parents to know during the coronavirus pandemic
- 'The Last Dance' takeaways: Michael Jordan's gambling, Kobe Bryant connection highlighted in episodes 5 and 6
- 'Live from Zoom!' Tom Hanks hosts first SNL at Home, as cast films sketches from quarantine, including Pete Davidson rapping in his basement, Kate McKinnon as RBG in a home workout video and Masterclass parody featuring Tiger King's Carole Baskin
- Boy’s hand print shows just how many microbes live on a child’s hand after playing outside
- 'The Last Dance' takeaways: Michael Jordan's gambling, Kobe Bryant connection headlined episodes 5 and 6
- Are Pregnant Women Safe If They Catch the Coronavirus? New Research Raises Questions.
- Smart thermometers could be the secret to reopening schools
- Trump ducks the real enemy
- Quadruple amputee mum-of-2 who lost her limbs to meningitis proudly realises her dreams of having top career and family
- The Party of Life Embraces Trump’s Death Cult
5 things every mom should know about flu have 352 words, post on www.manilatimes.net at June 18, 2018. This is cached page on CuBird. If you want remove this page, please contact us.