Zinedine Zidane was incharge of Real Madrid for 2-and-a-half years © AFP Zinedine Zidane stepped down as Real Madrid head coach after guiding the Spanish giants to a UEFA Champions League treble. The development comes days after Zidane lifted his third successive Champions League trophy as a manager. Zidane, 45, had been under pressure to win the European crown after finishing way off the pace behind La Liga winners Barcelona. Real beat Liverpool 3-1 in the final in Kiev on Saturday, making Zidane the first coach in history to win three successive Champions League titles. The 45-year-old former international decided to quit at the top saying that it was time for a change for himself and the club and admitting he was unsure of his ability to maintain his winning record at Real. But he said that no other club was involved in his decision to part ways with Real and although experts have linked him to the French national team coaching job, Zidane insisted he is eyeing no other position at this time.”I have taken the decision to not continue next year as Real Madrid coach,” the Frenchman told a hastily convened press conference.”This club deserves to continue to… Read full this story
- Bayern Munich have quality to beat Real Madrid in Champions League: Chairman Karl Heinz Rummenigge
- Where are they now? Real Madrid’s starting XI the day a tearful Zinedine Zidane played his last match at the Santiago Bernabeu
- Real Madrid C.F. Suffer Shock Loss in Champions League, Lose 2-0 to VfL Wolfsburg
- Liverpool’s Mohamed Salah Rejected Real Madrid Offer, Egypt’s Coach Reveals
- Ex-Chelsea star Hazard given rating of TWO by French newspaper as Real Madrid lose 3-0 at PSG and Di Maria gets a nine
- Man Utd transfer target Camavinga would already be a Real Madrid player if not for coronavirus, say reports in Spain
- Arsenal rebel Aubameyang ‘promised grandad he would play for Real Madrid’ and copied celebration from club legend
- Report: Real Madrid seals $67M Jovic signing
- Arsenal are given Aubameyang transfer deadline by Real Madrid ahead of proposed swap deal with Ceballos
- Rumour Has It: Real Madrid make Mourinho contact, Koeman to Barcelona?
Zinedine Zidane Steps Down As Real Madrid Coach After Champions League Treble have 354 words, post on sports.ndtv.com at May 31, 2018. This is cached page on CuBird. If you want remove this page, please contact us.