News / UK and world by Press Association May 8, 2018, 12:58 pm FacebookTwitterLinkedInWhatsAppEmail Sign up to our Daily newsletter US president Donald Trump is preparing to tell the world whether he plans to follow through on his threat to pull out of the landmark nuclear accord with Iran. Mr Trump announced on Twitter he would disclose his decision at 2pm (7pm BST) from the Diplomatic Room of the White House. Mr Trump has kept the decision confined to a small group within the White House National Security Council, leaving many of his closest aides guessing what he had decided. In Iran, many are deeply concerned about how Mr Trump’s decision could affect an already struggling economy. In Tehran, President Hassan Rouhani sought to calm nerves, smiling as he appeared at a petroleum conference. He did not name Mr Trump directly, but emphasised that Iran continues to seek “engagement with the world”. He said: “It is possible that we will face some problems for two or three months, but we will pass through this.” An immense web of sanctions, written agreements and staggered deadlines make up the 2015 nuclear deal struck by the US, Iran and other world powers. So… Read full this story
- Russia skeptical about nuclear pact extension prospects
- Possible collapse of JCPOA as "failure of EU values": Iranian envoy
- Putin on 75th Anniversary of WWII: Shared Responsibility to History and Future
- Iran to execute 'CIA agent' over Gen Suleimani intelligence
- How globalisation has transformed the fight for LGBTQ+ rights
- Is too much trade at stake for Britain to stand up to Beijing?
- How Hong Kong caught fire: the story of a radical uprising
- Bild, Merkel and the culture wars: the inside story of Germany’s biggest tabloid
- President Obama's speech on NSA surveillance reforms – full text
- China, Iran cosy up: India is the loser
World poised to learn fate of Iranian nuclear pact have 295 words, post on www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk at May 8, 2018. This is cached page on CuBird. If you want remove this page, please contact us.