Now former Vietnamese star Le Cong Vinh will reveal more of his life in a recently-released autobiography about his life and relationship with singer, singer Thuy Tien.
Entitled Phut 89 (Minute 89), the book will tell the readers Vinh’s memories of his childhood as a skinny boy living in the rural area of the central province of Nghe An until he became a famous footballer across the nation and had his own family.
Other darker issues that have troubled the game, like match-fixing scandals or violence, are also mentioned in Minute 89.
“There would be no other truths that I’m keeping for myself. If there is any, they would be soon revealed in my upcoming path and in my next autobiography,” said Vinh in the recent press conference introducing the book.
The 32-year-old former striker is donating the proceeds of his book to charity.
“The autobiography does not aim at criticising anyone but contains my true stories,” he added.
“I also want to inspire other children nationwide, who came from similar background like mine, dare to dream and action to obtain their dreams.”
Minute 89 is divided into 26 chapters printed on 295 pages, transcribed by journalist Tran Minh. It will be put for sale on the distribution channels of Phuong Nam Book. Journalist Tran Minh has also been the translator of two memoirs, Mike Tyson – Undisputed Truth and I Am Zlatan Ibrahimovic.
Vinh was born in Quynh Luu district in Nghe An province. He used to play for Song Lam Nghe An, Ha Noi T&T, Ha Noi and Binh Duong football clubs. Besides domestic clubs, he used to play for several international clubs for short terms.
He became part of Vietnam’s National Football Team in 2004 and became the leading scorer a year later. His career reached its peak when Vietnam won the AFF Cup in 2008. He has worn the national jersey for 85 times, scoring 51 goals.
The striker has won the Vietnamese golden ball awards three times in 2004, 2006 and 2007 and won the championship of the national tournament in the jersey of Binh Duong FC in 2015. He was deputy manager of HCM City FC in 2017, but resigned to open his own football institute, CV9.-VNA
- Madden 20 Confirmed With Cover Star, Release Date, College Football Mode, X-Factor Players, And More
- 'Not a great end to the weekend': WAG Jessie Habermann reveals her football star husband Marc Murphy has been rushed to the emergency room after fracturing his ribs
- 'I was stripped of everything:' Former Pasco Co. football star shares story of drug addiction, recovery
- Taylor Swift is 'proud' of pal Selena Gomez's new music following 'really tough' experiences... as star releases tracks about her ex beau Justin Bieber
- Vietnamese fans brave rain, cold for tickets to AFF Championship’s group stage game
- Full list of footballers to have played in Vietnam’s World Cup 2022 qualifiers
- Vietnamese singer Noo Phuoc Thinh to perform at South Korean musical fest
- BREAKING: FA research shows footballers three times more likely to die of dementia
- FA research shows footballers three times more likely to die of dementia
- Harry Kane and Son Heung-min hit doubles as Tottenham thrash Red Star