WASHINGTON (AP) — President Donald Trump announced Tuesday the U.S. will pull out of the landmark nuclear accord with Iran, dealing a profound blow to U.S. allies and potentially deepening the president’s isolation on the world stage. “The United States does not make empty threats,” he said in a televised address. Trump’s decision means Iran’s government must now decide whether to follow the U.S. and withdraw or try to salvage what’s left of the deal. Iran has offered conflicting statements about what it may do — and the answer may depend on exactly how Trump exits the agreement. Trump said he would move to re-impose all sanctions on Iran that had been lifted under the 2015 deal, not just the ones facing an immediate deadline. This had become known informally as the “nuclear option” because of the near-certainty that such a move would scuttle the deal. Supporters of fixing the agreement had hoped Trump would choose a piecemeal approach that could leave more room for him to reverse himself and stay in the deal if he could secure the additional restrictions that European nations tried unsuccessfully to negotiate with him. Still, the administration planned to allow a grace period of… Read full this story
- Trump Says He Doesn't Want Iran to 'Fail as a Nation', Claims He Can 'Turn That Around'
- Trump pulls U.S. OUT of Iran nuclear deal calling it 'disastrous' and accuses Iranian regime of LYING to build an atomic bomb – and defiant Tehran pledges to step up its program
- After Trump lies about the Iran deal, John Oliver says “
- Iran Nuclear Deal 'Not Dead,' 'There's a Real Risk of Confrontation' - French FM
- Lawmakers, experts doubt Trump could unilaterally pull US from NATO
- Iran's Nuclear Deal Can Be Maintained Even Without US - Analysts
- Iran refuses to end breach of nuclear deal until it gets 'full rights'
- Europe rejects Iran 'ultimatums' on nuclear deal
- Donald Trump Vs Hillary Clinton: Foreign Policy Fact-Check
- Trump signs proclamation recognizing Israel's 'sovereign right' over Golan Heights alongside Netanyahu - who JOKES about investigations into gifts
Trump says he's withdrawing US from Iran nuclear accord have 342 words, post on www.twincities.com at May 8, 2018. This is cached page on CuBird. If you want remove this page, please contact us.