By Philip Elliott and Nash Jenkins May 21, 2018 If Paul Ryan thought his final months as House Speaker would be easy, he was mistaken. Ryan, who is walking away from Congress when his term ends early next year, will have to steer a divided Republican caucus through an internal debate over immigration, where moderates and hardliners alike are battling the Speaker and his Leadership team. On top of that, he has to manage a government-funding deadline shortly that falls shortly before the midterm elections, oversee the ongoing investigation into President Donald Trump’s campaign and figure out how to pick up the pieces of a farm bill that failed at the end of last week. If that weren’t enough, there’s this looming question: Who will replace Ryan atop a largely ungovernable GOP conference? And a corollary that many Republicans outside of Congress are asking: Who would want to? With the House majority in revolt, Ryan could only watch powerlessly as an enormous piece of legislation — the $867 billion farm bill — imploded on Friday. As the vote got closer, he closed his eyes for a beat as he stood in the rear of the House chamber, waving his hand… Read full this story
- Maddow Rips GOP ‘Chaos’ Over Gov’t Shutdown: Do They Have Any Idea What They’re Doing?
- George Will Slams Rep. Gohmert For ‘Causing Chaos’: House GOP ‘Cannot Govern This Country’
- Tennessee House votes to replace scandal-plagued speaker
- Mitch McConnell Ignores Why GOP Won't Condemn Trump Tweets
- GOP Divide? Trump Laments Republicans Who ‘Do Very Little To Protect Their President’
- GOP Operatives Have Begun Campaign to Discredit Reporters Working on Trump Jr. Story
- D’Souza: Obama Wants Border Chaos, Can ‘Prey’ on the American People’s Guilt
- Jeb Bush: I Said Trump Would Be A ‘Chaos President’
- Maddow, Hayes Mock GOP’s Move to Center as They Push Democrats to the Left
- O’Reilly to Rove: GOP Lacks Real Leader, Any Strong Alternative to Obamacare
The House GOP is in Chaos have 322 words, post on www.time.com at May 20, 2018. This is cached page on CuBird. If you want remove this page, please contact us.