Liverpool manager Jurgen Klopp is quietly confident his side can upset the odds by preventing Real Madrid from claiming a third consecutive Champions League title on Saturday, to cap a stunning season engineered by the German. Klopp’s men started their Champions League campaign in a playoff against Hoffenheim just to make the group stages back in August. Now, after plundering 46 goals in 14 games, Liverpool have made it back to the Champions League final in Kiev for the first time in 11 years. “I don’t want to talk about confidence, but we feel good and think we deserve to be where we are because the boys really showed up in all the different games,” said Klopp on Monday. “It was a very exciting journey so far and now we want to bring it to the best possible end.” By contrast, Madrid are featuring in their fourth final in five years. But Klopp believes Liverpool can compensate for their lack of experience compared to the European champions with other qualities that have characterised their run to the final. “If there is an experienced market, they should sell it because then they would be even more rich than they are already,”… Read full this story
- Real Madrid vs Barcelona vs Atletico Madrid: How are rivals looking for 2019/20 La Liga season?
- Liverpool Play Roma, Bayern Munich Draw Real Madrid In Champions League Semis
- Real Madrid win Champions League as brilliant Bale sinks Liverpool
- What's happened to Real Madrid? Zinedine Zidane looks vulnerable after PSG humiliation
- Gareth Bale's "Belligerence" Draws Attention To His Real Madrid Struggles
- Real Madrid Hang On For Win After Karim Benzema Brilliance
- Tottenham vs Liverpool: Who should Jurgen Klopp pick for Champions League final?
- Champions League: Real's Kroos back in squad, Fellaini ruled out
- Football Briefs: Julia Roberts is a Red; United down Real on penalties
- Liverpool stars party ALL night after winning the Champions League final: Players' wives and girlfriends including Perrie Edwards join the riotous celebrations after the team wins its first trophy in seven years
Real Madrid vs Liverpool : Klopp seeks fitting finale to long road to Kiev have 331 words, post on www.vanguardngr.com at May 21, 2018. This is cached page on CuBird. If you want remove this page, please contact us.