“RBG” – ★ ★ ★ ½ How smart can Supreme Court Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg be? related advertisement A spirited documentary titled “RBG” illustrates how the now-85-year-old judge became a master of long-range planning and intricate, interlocking elements long before Marvel Studios President Kevin Feige designed the all-connected storylines in the 19 movies used to construct the Marvel Comics Universe.Except Ginsburg employed court cases, not movies, to brilliantly construct a larger legal strategy for the establishment of equal rights for all Americans (but especially women) in regards to pay, work benefits and social security entitlements.In presenting key cases before the Supreme Court during the 1970s (such as Frontiero v. Richardson and Weinberger v. Wiesenfeld), Ginsburg used her legal victories like chess moves to knock down America’s cultural opposition to true equality.Still active today as a more conservative Supreme Court’s in-house dissenter, the shy, soft-spoken woman from Brooklyn has amassed a cult following in recent years.”She’s a rock star!” one fan burbles.Bader even has her own street handle, “Notorious RBG,” bestowed upon her by internet groupies.In “RBG,” directed with nerve and verve by Betsy West and Julie Cohen, Ginsburg and her personable granddaughter Clara Spera share hearty laughs while watching… Read full this story
- Stephen Colbert Works Out Alongside 85-Year-Old Ruth Bader Ginsburg — and She's a Machine
- Justices rule for federal employee over age discrimination
- Got Q-Tips? Then Let RBG (Kate McKinnon) Show You How to Get Swole
- How the Republican Plan to Replace Justice Scalia Could Backfire
- Justice Stephen Breyer reflects on Supreme Court and life in isolation
- Chief Justice Roberts issues rare rebuke to Schumer's 'dangerous' and 'irresponsible' comments; Trump slams lawmaker, says 'must pay a severe price'
- Kavanaugh could face pressure to recuse from cases on the Supreme Court
- Supreme Court postpones hearings for this term, including Trump tax case
- Immigrants awaiting deportation hearings have no right to bail, court says
- Supreme Court to hold May arguments by teleconference
'RBG' a spirited biography on Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg have 316 words, post on www.dailyherald.com at May 2, 2018. This is cached page on CuBird. If you want remove this page, please contact us.