President Donald Trump plans to follow through on his campaign threat to pull out of the landmark nuclear accord with Iran, according to two people familiar with his thinking, dealing a profound blow to U.S. allies and potentially deepening the president’s isolation on the world stage.It wasn’t immediately clear which sanctions that were lifted under the deal might be quickly reimposed, said the people, who were not authorized to speak publicly. Trump has several options, and a limited move could leave him more room to potentially stay in the deal after all if other members agree to toughen it.In a burst of last-minute diplomacy, punctuated by a visit by Britain’s top diplomat, the deal’s European members gave in to many of Trump’s demands, according to officials, diplomats and others briefed on the negotiations. Yet they still left convinced he was likely to re-impose sanctions and walk away from the deal he has lambasted since his days as a presidential candidate.The agreement, struck in 2015 by the United States, other world powers and Iran, lifted most U.S. and international sanctions against the country. In return, Iran agreed to restrictions on its nuclear program making it impossible to produce a bomb, along… Read full this story
- Pompeo on Kerry Report: Looks Like ‘While I Was Briefing President Trump, Kerry Was Briefing Zarif’
- Macron Attacks President Trump’s America First Policies as ‘Detrimental’ to Global Allies
- The Biggest Obstacle to China Policy: President Trump
- Pritzker: President Trump ‘Must Be Impeached And Removed From Office Immediately’ After Storming Of U.S. Capitol
- What Former President Trump's Taxes Reveal About US Tax Law
- DHS Chad Wolf: President Trump Slashed Migrant Inflow from 400,000 to 14,000
- Kim Jong Un Calls President Trump 'Dotard' and 'Frightened Dog'
- Dear President Trump
- Iran Says It Has Surpassed Critical Nuclear Enrichment Level in 2015 Deal
- Iran nuclear deal tops agenda at talks between Pompeo and EU officials
President Trump likely to withdraw U.S. from landmark nuclear accord with Iran have 316 words, post on www.courant.com at May 8, 2018. This is cached page on CuBird. If you want remove this page, please contact us.