President Donald Trump plans to follow through on his campaign threat to pull out of the landmark nuclear accord with Iran, according to two people familiar with his thinking, dealing a profound blow to U.S. allies and potentially deepening the president’s isolation on the world stage.It wasn’t immediately clear which sanctions that were lifted under the deal might be quickly reimposed, said the people, who were not authorized to speak publicly. Trump has several options, and a limited move could leave him more room to potentially stay in the deal after all if other members agree to toughen it.In a burst of last-minute diplomacy, punctuated by a visit by Britain’s top diplomat, the deal’s European members gave in to many of Trump’s demands, according to officials, diplomats and others briefed on the negotiations. Yet they still left convinced he was likely to re-impose sanctions and walk away from the deal he has lambasted since his days as a presidential candidate.The agreement, struck in 2015 by the United States, other world powers and Iran, lifted most U.S. and international sanctions against the country. In return, Iran agreed to restrictions on its nuclear program making it impossible to produce a bomb, along… Read full this story
- Trump to Withdraw US From Landmark Iran Nuclear Deal: Report
- Donald Trump is withdrawing U.S. from Syria. How many troops are there and why?
- "Thank you, Mr. President": Trump praised for Supreme Court overturning Roe
- Rob Reiner: President Trump Is a Russian ‘Asset’ and ‘We Are in Dire Trouble’
- Whatever Trump says, withdrawal from Syria is a disaster
- President Trump Says He’s Considering A Pardon For Edward Snowden | The Daily Wire
- President Trump Contradicts Nat-Sec Adviser, Says North Korean Missile Tests Don’t ‘Disturb’ Him | The Daily Wire
- Entrepreneurs From 'Shithole' Countries Respond to President Trump
- President Trump Is Set To Award Medal Of Freedom To Wrestler Dan Gable, Reports Say
- Iran Fights US Sanctions at UN Court, Says Trump Admin Trying to Damage Our Economy
President Trump likely to withdraw U.S. from landmark nuclear accord with Iran have 334 words, post on www.courant.com at May 8, 2018. This is cached page on CuBird. If you want remove this page, please contact us.