There’s something fundamentally wrong with a legislative process that delivers a farm bill so deeply flawed that groups as politically diverse as the ruby red Heritage Foundation and the ocean blue Environmental Working Group join forces to publicly condemn it.And yet on May 8, EWG’s Senior Vice President of Government Affairs Scott Faber moderated a conference call between the ag press and Daren Bakst, the senior ag policy research fellow at Heritage, and four other spokespeople for decidedly libertarian or conservative groups to slam the House Ag Committee’s 2018 farm bill written mostly by Committee Chairman Mike Conaway.Remarkably, these born allies of the House Republican majority took cannon shots at the controversial bill Conaway says he intends to muscle through the House the same way he pushed it through the Committee — without one Democratic vote.Unlike that hyper-partisan effort, however, Conaway faces hardened conservative GOP opposition to the bill. Many see its loosening of program participation rules, elimination of any meaningful payment cap and continued reliance on heavily subsidized crop insurance as three deadly sins that need immediate atonement.Here’s how the May 8 participants, fiscal hawks, all view Conaway’s farm bill.It’s “a fiscally reckless step back” in sound ag policy,… Read full this story
- Joanna and Chip Gaines on the farm! A look inside the charming country home the Fixer Upper vets are self-isolating in: 'A walk on the wild side'
- Minks on two Dutch farms test positive for coronavirus after the animals suffered shortness of breath and gastric problems
- How police snared Jeremy Bamber by his coital bragging to girlfriend Julie Mugford
- Small or big, you can make your dairy unit a model farm
- Farm to fork: Farmer’s distress call turns into direct-selling of produce in Mohali’s housing societies
- Inside the house built in middle of M62 motorway as owners explain why it's there
- How to steam up in-calf cow and other lessons from farm clinic
- Traditional house takes shape out of matchsticks when Kochi man gets creative
- Our Farmers made up to 80% losses in the lockdown, says Horticulture start-up INI Farms
- A few weeks ago, they were engineers, chefs and waitresses. Now they're farming
No one likes the House farm bill have 356 words, post on wcfcourier.com at May 13, 2018. This is cached page on CuBird. If you want remove this page, please contact us.