Now, this is what we call team spirit: Fifteen minutes after the June 1 release of Nigeria’s Nike-designed World Cup kits, the collection entirely sold out online. After pushing back the collection’s release because of high demand—3 million preorders, to be exact—and fear of knockoffs, the brand then had to contend with lines around the block at its stores Friday as customers clamored to get their hands on a piece of the collection. And we can see why: Translating the team’s colors—which correspond to the Nigerian flag—into on-trend ikats and florals proudly punctuated with “Naija,” the colloquial phrase for Nigerian people, Nike created a collection full of collector’s items, as well as a clear indicator that Nigeria is the team to root for in this year’s contest. Unfortunately, Nike has no plans to restock this limited edition collection, but if you absolutely must have a piece, we’re already seeing them on eBay—at a very hefty markup, of course.
- All the reaction as England’s World Cup kit is revealed
- Pakistan prepares to welcome FIFA World Cup trophy in Lahore
- Lahore set to welcome FIFA World Cup trophy
- Pakistan welcomes FIFA World Cup trophy
- Jamie Maclaren says he hoped Hibernian loan would lead to reaching Russia for World Cup
- What are Africa's chances for the 2018 World Cup?
- ANALYSIS: Woodman saved U20s World Cup final pen ... but Scottish Cup shoot-out with Killie shows he can do it in the big games, too!
- England World Cup hopes dashed in gripping final
- £715 ticket is World Cup record price
- U19 World Cup: Afridi stars as Pakistan humiliate Ireland
Naija! Nike’s Nigeria World Cup Kits Sell Out in 15 Minutes! have 284 words, post on theglowup.theroot.com at May 31, 2018. This is cached page on CuBird. If you want remove this page, please contact us.