Mike Martindale The Detroit News Published 7:19 p.m. UTC May 22, 2018 Rochester Hills – An ex-Detroit firefighter charged with shooting at a teenager on his doorstep waived his right to a preliminary exam Tuesday, but his attorney faced questions from a judge about alleged bond violations. Jeffrey Zeigler, 50, is charged with assault with intent to murder and possession of a firearm in the commission of a felony in the April 12 incident. The retired Detroit Fire Department lieutenant was released the day after the non-injury shooting after posting a $50,000 cash surety bond. Among conditions of bond were that Zeigler be periodically tested for controlled substances by pretrial services. Judge Julie Nicholson of 52-2nd District Court said Tuesday she has received reports of several missed testing dates and one in which Zeigler provided a urine sample that tested positive for opioids. “The reports are wrong,” Zeigler’s attorney, Rob Morad, told Nicholson. “We have records which show he appeared as instructed. As for the drugs, that is something medically prescribed for him by his doctor.” Morad did not elaborate on Zeigler’s medical needs but said his client would like to be tested for substances by mouth swabbing, an accepted practice. Nicholson said… Read full this story
- Appearance canceled for man charged with newsroom killings
- The Latest: Man waives hearing in Wisconsin girl abduction
- Colorado man charged in missing fiancee's death due in court
- Man charged in fatal shooting of Arizona state trooper
- Man charged with stealing tractor, biting police dog
- Colorado man charged with murder in deaths of wife, 2 kids
- Virginia man charged with threats at mosque, ramming cars
- Wife of man charged in blast probe died in 'mysterious case'
- Man Charged in Shirtless Mob Stabbing of 14-Year-Old Boy in Middle of NYC Parkway
- Man charged in shooting of 2 South St. Paul officers
Man charged with firing at teen waives hearing have 292 words, post on eu.detroitnews.com at May 22, 2018. This is cached page on CuBird. If you want remove this page, please contact us.