LONDON – England have recalled Keaton Jennings in place of struggling opener Mark Stoneman for the second Test against Pakistan at Headingley starting on Friday. That was the only change to a 12-man squad announced by the England and Wales Cricket Board on Monday after Pakistan went 1-0 up in this two-match series with an emphatic nine-wicket win completed inside four days at Lord’s. Stoneman, who has been short of runs for Surrey so far this season, managed just 13 in total in his two innings during the first Test. Jennings averaged a lowly 24.50 following the last of his six Tests — against his native South Africa at Old Trafford in August last year, after which he was replaced by Stoneman. But the 25-year-old Jennings has made a strong start to the first-class County Championship, with two hundreds for new side Lancashire, the club he joined from Durham. Jennings, whose father Ray kept wicket for South Africa in their years of apartheid-enforced isolation from official international cricket, but whose mother is English, currently averages nearly 44 in first-class matches for the Red Rose. National selector Ed Smith, for whom the Lord’s Test was his first game in charge, said:… Read full this story
- Bayliss: England are considering dropping Denly for Dawson
- The making of Jofra Archer: How a 'timid, frail wicket-keeper' in Barbados became England's big World Cup hope
- Chris Jordan told World Cup door is open despite missing initial England squad
- England v Scotland, Six Nations 2019: What time does the match start today, what TV channel is it on and what is our prediction?
- Jonathan Agnew on Alex Hales and England's World Cup build-up
- Jofra Archer: England World Cup squad place would 'not be fair morally'
- Cricket World Cup 2019 squads: Pakistan leave out Amir, South Africa recall Amla, Sri Lanka appoint Karunaratne captain
- Smith, Warner left out of Australia's one-day squad for Pakistan
- England in West Indies: Jos Buttler's 150 inspires tourists to thrilling win
- Rebel keeper Kepa's quick Chelsea recall the right move, insists Maurizio Sarri
England recall Jennings for Pakistan finale as Stoneman dropped have 327 words, post on nation.com.pk at May 28, 2018. This is cached page on CuBird. If you want remove this page, please contact us.