A top Democrat is calling for a congressional investigation into whether President Donald Trump broke the law with his financial disclosure.The call comes after Trump’s new attorney, Rudy Giuliani, made a series of significant revelations about the hush money payment to porn star Stormy Daniels.The top Democrat on the House Committee on Oversight and Government Reform called for an investigation Friday into whether President Donald Trump broke the law by failing to disclose on his financial disclosure form his longtime lawyer Michael Cohen’s $130,000 hush money payment to porn star Stormy Daniels.Rep. Elijah Cummings, in a letter to Republican Rep. Trey Gowdy, the chair of the Oversight Committee, highlighted recent statements from Trump’s new attorney, Rudy Giuliani. Cummings said they were evidence that Trump had failed to disclose the payment as a loan on his financial disclosure, a crime under federal law. 14 PHOTOS Rep. Elijah Cummings See Gallery Rep. Elijah Cummings US Congressman Elijah Cummings, D-Maryland, speaks at the White House in Washington, DC, March 8, 2017, after a meeting with US President Donald Trump. / AFP PHOTO / JIM WATSON (Photo credit should read JIM WATSON/AFP/Getty Images) US Congressman Elijah Cummings (R), D-Maryland, and US Congressman Peter Welch,… Read full this story
- Congressional Republicans mostly silent on Trump's call to investigate Biden
- GOP Response Tracker: How 80 lawmakers have reacted to Trump's call to probe Biden
- Trump Sacking US Attorney General Sessions Sparks Panic Over Mueller’s Fate
- At least 228 House Democrats have said they support an impeachment inquiry
- He Was Trump’s First Fan in Congress. Now He’s a Felon.
- A federal court ordered Trump's accounting firm to turn over 8 years of his taxes to Congress
- 2 of Rudy Giuliani's associates who helped him dig up dirt on Joe Biden have been charged with campaign finance violations
- Dan Koh is thinking about another run for Congress. Here's why.
A top Democrat calls for a congressional investigation into whether Trump broke the law have 309 words, post on www.aol.com at May 4, 2018. This is cached page on CuBird. If you want remove this page, please contact us.