La Costa Canyon High School / Photo by Adriana Heldiz In fall 2010, a La Costa Canyon High School teacher was riding his bike through a park when he spotted a student from the school with a fellow teacher, Marc Sandknop. The teacher wasn’t sure what they were doing but suspected an elicit relationship, so he reported what he saw to school officials, who began an investigation. The student was Julie. That is not her name, as she asked to share her story using a pseudonym. Julie, now 24, said she was having a sexual relationship with a teacher at the time as a minor. As a high schooler in Carlsbad, Julie struggled with depression. Her English teacher sophomore year was someone she had turned to for support. She became his teacher’s assistant her junior year and their bond grew. Their flirtatious relationship turned explicit the summer between her junior and senior year of high school. He was 46. What transpired in the months and years that followed would initially thrill her, and later traumatize her, as she kept a secret that put her life at risk. As the affair weighed on her, Julie said part of her wanted to… Read full this story
- What a 95-Year-Old Yoga Teacher Can Teach Us About Success
- America’s New 37-Year-Old Surgeon General Believes Every Man Should Take His Advice (and So Do We)
- 44-Year-Old Mother Of Six Shatters Beer Mile World Record
- Serena Williams tops 17-year-old Caty McNally at U.S. Open
- Alzheimer’s and Dementia Prevention Techniques and Warnings Signs
- 103-year-old woman takes gold in Senior Games 100-meter dash
- 17-year-old who beat cancer twice returns to football field
- Despite warnings, majority of firms still run some Windows Server 2003
- 7 Warning Signs You've Had Enough
- 'I'm A 22-Year-Old Recovering Alcoholic—This Is The One Thing That's Helped Me Stay Sober'
She Was 17. He Was Her 46-Year-Old Teacher. Despite Warning Signs, He Stayed in the Classroom for Years have 300 words, post on www.voiceofsandiego.org at April 30, 2018. This is cached page on CuBird. If you want remove this page, please contact us.