Parents are outraged after a preschool in Massachusetts banned children from using the term “best friend.” Mum Christine Hartwell told Boston 25 News that her four-year-old daughter Julia came home upset after her teacher at Pentucket Workshop Preschool in Georgetown, Massachusetts told her she couldn’t refer to any of her classmates as her “best friends.” “When I asked her what was wrong she said she was really sad about what her teacher did that day,” her mum recalled. Read more A boy, 3, promised to marry his preschool crush. 20 years later he did According to Hartwell, Julia said her teacher had told her she couldn’t call someone her best friend – and now Julia was afraid to call anyone her best friend. Upset over the “outrageous” and “silly” announcement, Hartwell searched for any rules or guidelines that backed up the policy in the Pentucket Workshop Preschool handbook and found none. Then she went to the director of her daughter’s school. But rather than appease her concerns, the director of the school sent a letter to the Hartwells, according to Boston 25 News, stating that they’d done their “research” about kids using the term best friend and found it might… Read full this story
- Solomon Thomas opens up about his sister’s suicide: “She was my best friend”
- Jazz best friends Georges Niang, Naz Mitrou-Long use postive peer pressure to push each other
- Jazz best friends Georges Niang, Naz Mitrou-Long use positive peer pressure to push each other
- The best TV performances of 2015
- Couple reveal they've been accused of 'child abuse' for taking their nine children out of school to travel the world - but insist the kids are 'all geniuses in their own way'
- £50m leap into the dark: Philip Pullman's 'unfilmable' children's thriller His Dark Materials begins on the BBC with dazzling effects, towering sets and huge stars
- Cherokee Schools Improves, Exceeds GA Accountability Testing
- 'It was the most special moment': 19-year-old cancer sufferer is left in tears after his friends host a senior prom for him in hospital because he was too sick to attend the high school dance
- Dayton suspect compiled 'hit list' and 'rape list' in high school: reports
- Norfolk school linked wuith Colombia holding its own World Cup match
School bans children from calling classmates their 'best friend' have 368 words, post on www.independent.co.uk at April 23, 2018. This is cached page on CuBird. If you want remove this page, please contact us.