Published 27 March 2018 Share close Share page Copy link About sharing Related Topics Manchester Arena attack Monday 22 May, 2017 22:31 British Transport Police (BTP) at Victoria station hear the explosion Both the station and the arena are owned by Network Rail, meaning the transport police have primary responsibility for both locations. Four BTP officers are already directly assigned to the Ariana Grande concert. They are at the foyer of the arena within 30 seconds. At the same time, other officers working nearby run towards the scene. They believe they have heard a train crash. Within 10 minutes, 19 BTP officers are at the arena’s foyer. They, arena staff and members of the public begin to provide first aid to the injured. 22:33 The first call is made to Greater Manchester Police reporting an explosion at the arena A log is created and sent to the Force Duty Officer who is not initially clear as to the type of incident occurring, but alerts Armed Response Vehicles to make their way towards the arena. 22:39 A major incident is declared from the scene Realising the severity of one young casualty’s injuries, officers decide to take her straight to hospital themselves… Read full this story
- Manchester Arena bombing suspect denies 22 counts of murder
- 'My handbag saved my life when the Arena bomb went off'
- Arena bomb payout 'complete insult'
- 'Hearts ache' for Manchester Arena victims
- Manchester arena attack evidence to be kept secret
- Manchester Arena attack fund closes down
- Ariana Grande leads tributes to Manchester Arena victims
- Abedi due in court over Manchester Arena attack
- Hashem Abedi appears in court over Arena bomb allegations
- Hashem Abedi appears in court over Manchester Arena attack
Manchester Arena bombing: Emergency services timeline have 265 words, post on www.bbc.co.uk at March 27, 2018. This is cached page on CuBird. If you want remove this page, please contact us.