Donald Trump has ousted HR McMaster as his national security adviser and will appoint hardliner John Bolton in his place, it emerged on Thursday. The US president announced the news in a tweet, with the change set to take place on April 9. The move comes despite repeated rebuttals from the White House over whether Mr McMaster would be removed from office. It also continues a tumultuous period that has seen a string of major staff departures from the White House and the cabinet. Mr McMaster, who had never met Mr Trump before being interviewed for the role, clashed with the president over the Iran nuclear deal and Afghanistan policy.
- Seven Crises John Bolton Faces on Day One as National Security Adviser
- Trump issues order blocking Broadcom takeover of Qualcomm, citing national security
- Tom Bossert Resigns as White House Homeland Security Adviser
- Tom Bossert, President Trump's homeland security adviser, has resigned
- Donald Trump Backs Scott Pruitt as Attacks Continue
- Donald Trump: the Washington Post Is ‘Made Up Garbage’
- Donald Trump: CNN’s James Clapper Is ‘a Lying Machine’
- Donald Trump: ‘Stay Away’ John Kerry, ‘You Are Hurting Your Country’
- Donald Trump: White House Leakers Are ‘Traitors and Cowards’
- James Comey: James Clapper Briefed Barack Obama on ‘Pee Tape’ Dossier After Donald Trump Election
Donald Trump replaces HR McMaster with foreign policy hawk John Bolton as national security adviser have 224 words, post on www.telegraph.co.uk at March 23, 2018. This is cached page on CuBird. If you want remove this page, please contact us.