H.R. McMaster in Munich on Saturday. Photo: Sebastian Widmann/Getty Images President Trump’s national security adviser, H.R. McMaster, acknowledged on Saturday that the evidence that Russia interfered in the 2016 presidential election is now “incontrovertible” in light of Friday’s Justice Department indictment of 13 Russian nationals for “information warfare” during the U.S. election. Speaking at the Munich Security Conference, McMaster said that while U.S. officials haven’t been able to detail and attribute the proof until now, “as you can see with FBI indictment, the evidence [of Russia’s interference] is incontrovertible and available in the public domain.” Furthermore, he claimed, Russia has failed in its efforts, in part because the U.S. is “becoming more and more adept at tracing the origins of this espionage and subversion.” McMaster has expressed his confidence in the Russian election-meddling allegations before, and his new comments on Saturday were once again at odds with the views of his boss. President Trump has repeatedly sought to discredit the notion that Russia interfered in the election, particularly on his behalf, referring to the claim of interference as a “hoax.” Trump even went so far as to say that he believed Russian president Vladimir Putin’s claim of innocence regarding the matter… Read full this story
- Trump’s former national security adviser Michael Flynn to plead guilty to lying to FBI during Russia collusion probe
- Trump’s former national security adviser Michael Flynn pleads guilty to lying to FBI during Russia collusion probe
- Trump has decided to remove his national security adviser
- Sweden braced for possible Russian election meddling
- Donald Trump's national security strategy: 'Don't read too much into it'
- Russia and US trade barbs in Munich over election meddling claims
- "There was nothing to hide": Trump defends former national security advisor's 'lawful' actions claiming he was fired for lying to FBI
- Security adviser fired by Donald Trump cuts talks with President signalling co-operation with head of Russia probe
- US hits Russians with sanctions for election meddling, cyber attacks
- White House imposes sanctions on 19 Russians for meddling in election
Trump’s National Security Adviser Says Proof of Russian Election Meddling Is ‘Incontrovertible’ have 339 words, post on nymag.com at February 17, 2018. This is cached page on CuBird. If you want remove this page, please contact us.