Welcome to Random Roles , wherein we talk to actors about the characters who defined their careers. The catch: They don’t know beforehand what roles we’ll ask them to talk about. The actor: Rita Moreno was barely into her teens when she began her acting career, and while her start may have been on the stage, it wasn’t long before Hollywood realized that the camera loved her, and so in turn did moviegoers. Moreno’s filmography kicked off in 1950, and even though turned 86 this past December—and, no, we’re not being indiscreet, she mentions it herself during the course of the conversation—she continues to be a force of nature in front of the camera. Moreno might be an EGOT winner, but you won’t catch her coasting on her credits. She can currently be found stealing scenes from her co-stars in Netflix’s One Day At A Time, the second season of which is available now. One Day At A Time (2017-present)—“Lydia Riera” The A.V. Club: How did you first get involved with One Day At A Time? Rita Moreno: It was so simple. I was at a political fundraising dinner, and so was Norman [Lear]. Of course. That’s where he lives… Read full this story
- Steven Spielberg poses with Rita Moreno as he wraps West Side Story remake with open letter: 'This has been a journey without precedence'
- The Hottest 2020 Oscars Trend? Recycling Old Looks
- Stephen King Admits He 'Stepped Over' a Line with Controversial Tweet About Diversity at Oscars
- Stephen King Slammed for Saying He 'Would Never Consider Diversity' as an Oscars Voter
- TCA Awards Honor
- Inside the Oscars' Controversial History of Recognizing (and Overlooking) Minorities & Women
- ‘West Side Story’ Returning To Broadway; Director Ivo Van Hove Will Stage Revival
- Netflix Snarkily Offers 'One Day at a Time' as Alternative to 'Roseanne'
- Ariel Winter Responds to Roseanne Barr's Twitter Rant: 'What a (NSFW) Mess'
- Roseanne Barr Responds: 'I'm Not a Racist, I Never Was & I Never Will Be'
Rita Moreno on have 329 words, post on www.avclub.com at February 22, 2018. This is cached page on CuBird. If you want remove this page, please contact us.