Hope Hicks, one of President Trump’s most loyal and trusted advisers, said Wednesday she will resign as White House communications director. With Hicks’s departure, the president is losing a valued aide who has been at his side since before he launched his long-shot bid for the presidency in 2015. “There are no words to adequately express my gratitude to President Trump. I wish the president and his administration the very best as he continues to lead our country,” Hicks said in a statement. The 29-year-old adviser, who had no previous political experience, approached Trump recently to tell him that she wanted to leave in order to explore opportunities outside the White House, officials said. She did not say whether she has another job lined up. Hicks has no set departure date but is expected to officially exit in the next few weeks, according to the White House. “Hope is outstanding and has done great work for the last three years,” Trump said in a statement Wednesday. “She is as smart and thoughtful as they come, a truly great person. I will miss having her by my side but when she approached me about pursuing other opportunities, I totally understood. I… Read full this story
- Donald Trump Jr.’s email bombshell is a development like no other in the Russia saga
- Trump breaks protocol, again, on press access
- Mueller just requested new documents from the DOJ that could spell trouble for Trump and Sessions
- There’s a theme emerging in Mueller’s Russia probe that could prove damning for Trump
- TRUMP: I might release my tax returns ‘after I’m out of office’
Hope Hicks leaves Trump's White House have 269 words, post on www.gamespot.com at February 28, 2018. This is cached page on CuBird. If you want remove this page, please contact us.