President Trump said he doesn’t remember whether he asked the No. 2 official at the FBI, Andrew McCabe, who he voted for – as the president again slammed the career civil servant for being tangentially connected to Hillary Clinton. ‘I don’t think it’s a big deal, but I don’t remember that,’ the president told reporters who asked if Trump made such an inquiry. ‘I don’t remember asking him that question.’ What Trump remembered, and asked the journalists to recall, was making McCabe the ‘star’ of his political speeches over a donation then-Virginia Gov. Terry McAuliffe, a Clinton ally, gave to the FBI official’s wife. ‘Now Terry is Hillary,’ Trump claimed, noting how the man ‘more or less in charge’ of the investigation into Clinton’s emails ‘got $500,000 from Terry,’ President Trump (left) told reporters Wednesday evening that he doesn’t remember asking Deputy FBI Director Andrew McCabe (right) who the official voted for, but he thought if he had asked the question, it wouldn’t have been a big deal The president’s spokeswoman sidestepped questions on Wednesday about a terse Oval Office meeting last summer in which President Donald Trump is said to have asked his acting FBI director who he voted… Read full this story
- Trump Will Have His Own ‘Deep State’—and His Own #Resistance
- The Case for Impeaching Donald Trump Is Real and Serious. Here’s Why.
- The FBI won't tell Congress what it knows about Comey's firing, a senator claims
- A mob got just 12 metres from Mike Pence. But only one man can decide if Trump committed a crime
- Senate investigators will interview FBI officials about Trump's firing of Comey
- Trump 'preyed on his supporters' patriotism', January 6 committee hears — as it happened
- Trump Is America’s First Lawless President
- What happened with Merrick Garland? What McConnell, Trump and others said and did during Obama's nomination
- James Murray's Trump ties face scrutiny over deleted Secret Service texts
- GOP Candidates Can’t Stop Trump, but They Can Beat Trumpism
Trump says he doesn't remember asking acting FBI director who he voted for as he slams official for Clinton ties have 328 words, post on www.dailymail.co.uk at January 24, 2018. This is cached page on CuBird. If you want remove this page, please contact us.