Access to high quality nursing services is one of the major problems of Pakistan’s health system 0SHARES Share Tweet Email The writers are nursing professionals at the Aga Khan University Hospital in Pakistan Picture a baby’s heart, the size of a strawberry. Now imagine that this little heart is incomplete, it has missing parts, and a newborn child will need open-heart surgery. The thought of a child undergoing heart surgery is distressing. In Pakistan, 60,000 babies are born each year with congenital heart defects (CHD). Cardiac malformations, including abnormalities occurring in the heart’s valves and walls, or its blood vessels, create all sorts of complications precluding young babies to lead normal lives. Defects impact the blood flow to the heart, creating too much pressure and interfering with the heart’s ability to pump blood properly, and at times even have severe implications on brain development. On the bright side, the success rate of paediatric CHD corrective surgery has surged and we have made great strides in Pakistan. Today, we have institutions fitted out with the latest technology, and internationally trained surgeons at hospitals, where patients with congenital heart defects receive treatment options never thought possible. Needless to say, surgical success depends… Read full this story
- Nurse, 57, adopts 27-year-old autistic man to get him back on heart transplant list after he was removed because he didn't have a support system
- Role Queue hits Overwatch in earnest as Season 18 starts
- How the ending of Us reshapes the movie’s ultimate message
- Shia LaBeouf plays his own abusive father in an autobiographical film that reshapes his career
- 'Stateless' trapped boy in Thai cave played a key role in daring rescue efforts
- AMD Ryzen Is Reshaping How Developers Look At CPU Utilization In Games, Are 4 Cores All That You Need?
- Can tabletop games reshape the government?
- Blizzard reshape competitive StarCraft 2 worldwide with 2013 World Championship Series
- Streets of Rogue lets you role-play as a naked shapeshifter or even Harambe
- Playing Roles: The Psychology of Player Agency
Reshaping the role of nurses in surgical care have 348 words, post on tribune.com.pk at January 10, 2018. This is cached page on CuBird. If you want remove this page, please contact us.