The township, west of London on the Thames, will be besieged by thousands of tourists, media and security personnel as the society wedding of the year gets under way. Businesses are hiring extra staff, extending their opening hours, designing special royal menus and ordering in Harry and Meghan-themed souvenirs ahead of the arrival of thousands of excited royal watchers. Hotels up to 50km away are already booked out for the days preceding the wedding, and some hotels with rooms available at Heathrow Airport, 20km away, have more than doubled their prices. The happy couple! Meghan Markle and Prince Harry. Picture: AFPSource:AFP The Suits star and Prince will marry in May. Picture: Getty ImagesSource:Getty Images While thousands of people are likely to descend on Windsor hoping for a glimpse of the happy couple, their numbers will be dwarfed by the hundreds of millions more who will watch it live on TV. Naziq Hussain, the manager of Esquires Coffee on the High Street, is hiring extra staff and will open before dawn to cater for dedicated royal enthusiasts. “People will be sleeping overnight like … for the Queen’s birthday,’’ he said, referring to the thousands of people who turned out to wish… Read full this story
- Like old times: Kate Middleton and Prince Harry bond at event while their spouses are engaged elsewhere
- Prince Harry and Meghan Markle: Newest royal baby could be an American
- Harry and Meghan: Newest royal baby could be an American
- Kate Middleton receives the highest honor from Queen Elizabeth on her eighth wedding anniversary
- Duchess of Sussex goes into labour
- Nation and World briefs for May 7
Prince Harry and Meghan Markle: How Windsor is preparing for royal wedding have 283 words, post on www.news.com.au at January 19, 2018. This is cached page on CuBird. If you want remove this page, please contact us.