Chris Stapleton and Jason Isbell were the big winners when the 60th annual Grammy Awards announced the country and Americana categories during the pre-telecast Premiere Ceremony, while Stapleton took the night’s top country prize during the televised portion of the evening. Stapleton – who helped give Saturday Night Live its best ratings of the season on Saturday night when he performed with surprise guest Sturgill Simpson – won the Grammys for Best Country Song and Best Country Solo Performance, for “Broken Halos” and “Either Way,” respectively. Both songs appear on Stapleton’s 2017 From A Room: Volume 1 LP, which won Best Country Album tonight. “This is always an amazing honor just to be here and to get to be a part of this,” he said while accepting for “Either Way,” a stark acoustic ballad. “This song is just me and an acoustic guitar, that’s all it is, so for that to win is a beautiful thing to me.” Returning to the stage for the Best Country Song win, he thanked the song’s co-writer, Mike Henderson, his former bandmate in the bluegrass band the SteelDrivers, for helping craft “Broken Halos.” Related See Eric Church, Maren Morris Sing ‘Tears in Heaven’ for… Read full this story
- Rock Band Having Country Music Sale, Includes Good Alt-Country
- Where the Water Tastes Like Wine Artfully Combines Country Music and Setting With Painted Visuals
- Rufus Wainwright crafted an album so uncharted, it’s ineligible for a Grammy
- Drake’s record label reportedly forgot to submit Hotline Bling to the Grammys
- Beats Music vs. Spotify: Can Dr. Dre outmix the king of streaming?
- Interview: Going Country With 's Gordon Midwood
- JBL’s new wave-guide tech sends music after you like a heat-seeking missile
- Apple Music review
- Google strikes deal with European music publishers to add 5.5 million tracks in 35 countries
- Apple Music just became the best option for students looking for cheap music
Grammys 2018: The Country Music Winners have 307 words, post on www.rollingstone.com at January 28, 2018. This is cached page on CuBird. If you want remove this page, please contact us.