General Assembly is looking into a possible sale, reports Reuters. The company’s CEO, Jake Schwartz, said it’s one of the options the coding bootcamp is pursuing, and has been talking about various routes with bankers. This comes as the coding bootcamp industry seems to be hitting a wall. Two of the biggest programs, Dev Bootcamp and Iron Yard, closed recently. Similarly, Flatiron School was recently scooped up by WeWork. This doesn’t necessarily mean the end of bootcamps as we know them. There is certainly still demand for the programs, but likely not at the clip originally anticipated. General Assembly is also still very highly valued–Reuters puts it at $425 million. Still, if G.A. sells, it will surely send a message to others in the industry. Update: Jake Schwartz provided Fast Company with this statement: Since 2011, we have attempted to be thoughtful about our sources of capital and how we fund the business. With our very strong momentum around helping large enterprises re-skill, we are able again to consider thoughtfully how we finance this exciting growth from a place of strength. As has been true throughout the growth of GA, we are fortunate to have many types of investment options,… Read full this story
- Queen appoints Prince William as Lord High Commissioner to the General Assembly of the Church of Scotland
- Israeli PM Binyamin Netanyahu speaks to UN general assembly – as it happened
- Priyanka Chopra’s Favorite Coding Bootcamp Accused of ‘Fraud’
- New Zealand Prime Minister Makes History by Bringing Her 3-Month-Old Baby to UN General Assembly
- UN general assembly: 100 minutes in the life of Muammar Gaddafi
- DHFL lenders ease eligibility criteria for potential buyers: Report
- Here's is a list of some key items voted on during LHSAA general assembly Friday
- Colorado General Assembly’s 2020 session starts today. Here’s what’s coming.
- Here's the order of business for Friday's LHSAA general assembly vote
- Boris Johnson and Donald Trump discuss 'united response' to attacks on Saudi
Coding bootcamp General Assembly is looking for a buyer: Report have 339 words, post on www.fastcompany.com at January 31, 2018. This is cached page on CuBird. If you want remove this page, please contact us.