Facebook Twitter Google+ LinkedIn Gallery: 2009 Tri-State Ice Storm Fullscreen Posted! A link has been posted to your Facebook feed. Buy Photo Brian VanSickle knocks icicles off his home near downtown Evansville on Wednesday, January 28, 2009. Last night’s storm left over 65,000 people without power and left many others struggling to dig out from under the ice and snow. Molly Bartels / Courier & Press Buy Photo Fullscreen Buy Photo A Vanderburgh County Highway Department truck is loaded with a salt mixture in preparation for the forecasted ice/snow storm due to hit the area Monday. A plow used to clear the snow and the salt mixture is spread out behind the truck in the shallow snow. Denny Simmons / Courier & Press, Courier & Press Buy Photo Fullscreen Buy Photo The Accumulation of snow and ice during Tuesday’s winter storm created some beautiful scenery but also caused some serious damage with ice covered trees, and power lines. JASON CLARK / Courier & Press Buy Photo Fullscreen Buy Photo Marguerite “Peg” Nolan, 91, covers up with a blanket as she and others wait out the winter storm at the shelter set up at the Salvation Army Thursday afternoon, January 29,… Read full this story
- Great pain and big advances came from the Metrolink crash in Chatsworth, which was 10 years ago on Wednesday
- What has changed since the Metrolink crash in Chatsworth 10 years ago
- Kellyanne Conway's Husband Slams Trump Over Tweet About Obama's '57 States' Gaffe From 10 Years Ago
- DJ Diplo says his priorities, and pop music, have changed since breaking out 10 years ago
- 4 charts show how bad the Great Recession was 10 years ago
- Where were you when the Phillies won the World Series 10 years ago today? We asked, and you told us.
- 10 years after Lehman collapse, Washington is back to its old tricks
- Marlin Briscoe, pioneering quarterback, set stage for change 50 years ago
- 10 years after the first ‘Mistborn’ trilogy, Utah author Brandon Sanderson reflects on the question that started it
- Signals Midwest celebrates 10 years of Cleveland indie-punk
10 years ago, a snow and ice disaster hit Evansville, Henderson have 325 words, post on www.thegleaner.com at January 11, 2018. This is cached page on CuBird. If you want remove this page, please contact us.