Former and current law enforcement officials have condemned President Donald Trump’s accusation that his FBI’s reputation is in “tatters.”In a dozen Tweets over the weekend Trump attacked America’s top law enforcement agency, saying its reputation is “in tatters—worst in history!” and vowed to “bring it back to greatness.”Trump’s attacks followed a guilty plea Friday by his former national security adviser, Michael Flynn, for lying to the law enforcement agency. The president retweeted a message that the FBI Director Chris Wray “needs to clean house.” Trump fired the former FBI director James Comey in May.Flynn is the fourth Trump campaign official to be indicted in special counsel Robert Mueller’s investigation into whether Trump’s team worked with Russia to interfere in the 2016 election to tilt it toward the billionaire.Law enforcement officials quickly shared their criticism of the president’s tweet about the FBI. “The FBI is in ‘tatters’? No. The only thing in tatters is the President’s respect for the rule of law. The dedicated men and women of the FBI deserve better,” wrote former acting Attorney General Sally Yates on Twitter.In January Yates warned White House Counsel Don McGhan that Flynn was vulnerable to blackmail by Russia. She was fired January… Read full this story
- When Trump Attacks Sessions, He Sounds Like a Guilty Man
- Donald Trump attacks prosecution of Roger Stone while the judge is SENTENCING the dirty trickster - as DOJ lawyers IGNORE Bill Barr to say dirty trickster should not get leniency and call his conviction 'righteous'
- Bill Barr tells Donald Trump 'it's time to STOP the tweeting' saying president is making it 'IMPOSSIBLE to do my job' as he denies being ordered to overrule demand to jail Roger Stone for nine years
- Democrats will spend all day explaining why Donald Trump is GUILTY of abusing his power at his impeachment trial - but Republicans start complaining that they have heard NOTHING new and president trolls trial on Twitter
- 'I would love to see Roger Stone EXONERATED!' Donald Trump says he WON'T pardon dirty trickster now because he believes he will get a cleared on a retrial - then says 'unfair' prosecutors should have gone after Hillary Clinton because 'she leaked more clas
- Legal experts say how Trump’s tweets may hurt his travel ban case
- How the Loyal Opposition Will Work in Trump’s America
- All Your Questions About Jussie Smollett’s Indictment, Answered
- ‘I played him’: Former Trump aide taunts Alexander Downer, says Australia has ‘flipped on him’
- All Your Questions About Jussie Smollett’s New Indictment, Answered
Trump Attacked by Law Enforcement Over Anti-FBI Tweets have 429 words, post on www.newsweek.com at December 4, 2017. This is cached page on CuBird. If you want remove this page, please contact us.