EAST RUTHERFORD, N.J. (AP) — All the momentum the Los Angeles Chargers gained in their playoff push came to a screeching halt last Saturday.Their four-game winning streak ended with a clunker in Kansas City.Now they’re in must-win mode again, starting this weekend against the New York Jets.”I don’t know that there are doubts, it’s just your natural emotions,” Chargers quarterback Philip Rivers said. “You’re just going, ‘What has happened? … Is this all, come falling down?’ So, some of it is just your emotions in the heat of the season and where we were.”The Chargers (7-7) are still in the middle of the AFC playoff mix , but their margin for error has disappeared. Los Angeles, which lost to the Chiefs 30-13 , needs to win each of their last two games — at MetLife Stadium on Sunday and home against Oakland next week — and get lots of help elsewhere.”We can’t let one hiccup last week cause us to tank or do anything crazy,” Rivers said. “We just have to take care of our business.”They’ve done it before.In 2013, the Chargers had the same record and faced the same playoff predicament. They won their last two, got some help… Read full this story
- Fábio Scores Twice, New York Red Bulls Beat Inter Miami
- 2021 Patriots Storylines: Where Does New England Fit In AFC Playoff Picture?
- Seahawks-Titans heads Week 2 games with 2020 playoff teams
- NFL makes one major change to playoffs, plus Panthers dealing with major injuries after 'TNF' and Week 3 picks
- NFL Week 2 Picks, Odds: Bills smash Dolphins, Panthers beat Saints, Steelers crush Raiders
- NFL Week 2 Picks, Odds: Bills smash Dolphins, Steelers crush Raiders, Panthers beat Saints
- Cowboys’ Dak Prescott Hoping For Another Shot At Beating Tom Brady This Season – In Playoffs
- Chargers vs. Washington odds, picks, how to watch, live stream: 2021 Week 1 NFL predictions from top model
- With Playoff Positions on the Line, Old Rivalries Get New Life
- NFL Picks: Against The Spread – Week 3
Chargers' tenuous playoff hopes hinge on beating Jets first have 325 words, post on www.usatoday.com at December 21, 2017. This is cached page on CuBird. If you want remove this page, please contact us.